Research the vendor
- Word of mouth from a trusted source is hard to beat.
- Take time to thoroughly view their website.
- Ask about cancellation policies and payment terms.
The process of elimination
- Compare the best two or three
- Decide what is most important to you by ranking each vendor, for example:
Bride A Photographer 1) Cost 2) Experience 3) Personality
Planner 1) Experience 2) Personality 3) Cost
Bride B Photographer 1) Experience 2) Personality 3) Cost
Planner 1) Cost 2) Experience 3) Personality
- Choose the vendor that meets your needs. If flowers are the most important thing to you it might be wise to save money in other areas.
What am I paying for?
- Just because everyone always says “You get what you pay for,” doesn’t means its true right? Unfortunately it is. The lowest priced option is usually the lowest quality option.
- Does option A come with peace of mind but option B does not?
- If a vendor wants a higher price, ask them why they are better.
This should be fun, you are planning a wedding not buying a car. Trust your instincts and look for red flags. You are a Bride, not an invoice. Hire the vendor that’s right for you. Happy planning!!!!
Stay tuned for more FREE wedding planning information!