Terms and Conditions
Special Events agrees to lease the lessee the equipment described on the agreement in accordance with the following agreement:
- Date Reservation: Lessee must submit a deposit of 50% of estimated charges in order to reserve equipment for the date requested. Special Events reserves the right to adjust set up/pick up dates and times to fit its schedule. Additional fees may apply for locations that require after business hour deliveries and/or pick ups. See cancellation policy for further details.
- Payment: Payment is expected on or before delivery. Any additional charges will be invoiced within 10 days of event with payment due upon receipt. All outstanding balances are subject to a late fee.
- Delivery/Pick Up: Delivery is made to the closest point our truck can park. Extra charges may apply for stairs, elevators or any other point where extra time is involved. Set up and break down services are available for an additional fee but need to be scheduled during booking in order to accommodate scheduling.
- Permits/Licenses: Lessee shall at its own expense and prior to delivering provide all necessary permits, licenses and any other consents.
- Preparation of Site: Lessee agrees to have the site which the equipment is to be delivered or set up ready and clear of all obstacles, natural and manmade prior to the arrival of Special Events. Grass should be mowed at least 12 hours before delivery. At time of pick up the lessee agrees to have removed all personal and other items that are not Special Events. Lessee agrees to pay all costs involved for any delay, additional rental and any other costs incurred by not have the location ready upon arrival.
- Overhead/Underground: The lessee agrees to contact 811 “Call before you dig” to have all underground lines markers prior to Special Events arrival. Lessee assumes full responsibility for any damage underground or overhead.
- Weather: Lessee assumes all weather related risks involved in holding an outdoor event. Should the weather become serious, it is up to the lessee to remove guests from the tent and to a safer area.
- Replacement of equipment: If the equipment becomes unsafe or in disrepair for any reason, Lessee agrees to discontinue its use and to notify Special Events. Special Events will repair or replace the equipment with similar equipment in good working order. Special Events is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damage caused by delays or otherwise and Lessee hereby waives any right or entitlement thereto.
- Inspection: Lessee is responsible for inspection of equipment at the time of delivery or set up and to notify Special Events immediately should any items not meet his/her needs or is defective. Lessee will be responsible for all fees and labor charges should additional equipment be needed after initial delivery.
- Return of Equipment: Lessee shall be responsible for all losses or damage to the equipment from the time of delivery until picked up by Special Events. Lessee right of possession terminated on the expiration of the rental period. Any extension must be mutually agreed upon.
- Inspection by Special Events: Special Events shall at all times have the right to enter the premise where the equipment may be located for the purpose of inspection, observation of use, or to deliver or pick up.
- Linens: All linens should be dry and free of waste at the time of return. DO NOT roll up linens in a bag. If there is any damage to the linen such as mildew, excessive stains, burns, or tears Lessee will be charged the replacement cost of the linen.
- Dirty, Damaged, or Lost equipment: Lessee agrees to pay for any lost, missing or damaged rented equipment regardless of cause, except reasonable wear and tear while equipment is in their possession. Lost includes all types of theft or disappearance. Lessee also agrees to pay a reasonable cleaning charge for all equipment returned dirty. Equipment lost or damaged beyond repair, will be paid for by Lessee at replacement cost. The of costs of repairs will be the responsibility of the Lessee whether performed by Special Events or another contractor at Special Events request. ANY staples, tape, stickers, etc. in or on tables or chairs will be charged a cleaning fee and possible replacement cost for damage.
- Tenting: No tents are guaranteed to be absolutely waterproof and are to be considered temporary sun structures.
Cooking is NOT allowed under the tent or within a reasonable distance to the tent. Lessee assumes full responsibility and cost incurred for damage and or cleaning expense to the tent tops due to cooking processes.
Heating: Only tent heaters available from Special Events are allowed under the tent. These heaters are approved for under the tent/indoor areas and do not have an open flame.
Winter: It is up to Special Events to set up a tent in inclement weather. Any tents in the winter months need to be kept warm with heaters to take care of the fabric.
Weather: It is up to Special Events for install and removal of the tent due to weather concerns. Safety of our team is most important.
- Title and Ownership: The leased equipment shall at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Special Events. Lessee shall have only the rights to use the equipment in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Special Events has the right to have our items marked and the Lessee agrees to not remove such markings. The equipment should not be removed from the place of delivery without written permission of Special Events.
- Hold Harmless: Lessee shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Special Events, it’s employees, agents and subsidiaries from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages to property or otherwise, and expenses, of every character whatsoever, resulting from the action, negligent or otherwise, of lessee, lessee’s employees, and agents of Lessee or Lessee subcontractor. The indemnities included in this exhibit shall include reasonable attorney’s fees paid by Special Events in defending suit or actions involving liabilities covered by the indemnification provision in this paragraph.
- Collection of Cost: The Lessee agrees to pay all reasonable collection attorneys and court fees/other expenses involved in the collection or enforcement of the Special Events rights under this contract.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
A 50% deposit is required upon confirmation of a rental. The balance is due a week before delivery.
All changes to counts, sizes, colors, walls, fans or other options must be confirmed one week before delivery. If not additional delivery fees will apply.
The portion of the deposit for the tent is non-refundable. Other items reserved will be refunded with 30 days notice. Call for more information.
- Changes may be made to contract up until the week before delivery.
- All orders made under 30 days prior to event require a 50% non-refundable deposit.
***Refunds are based on set-up dates, not the date of the event. Set-up date is the day before the event or Friday if the event is on a weekend.